Farhad Khan, CEO & Digital Strategist Bio
- Farhad is a software engineer with a passion for user experience strategy. With15 years of experience, his company, Grype Digital, builds large-scale membership sites for professional associations. Farhad helps member-based organizations realize their potential by building meaningful web experiences that engage and delight their audience.
- Farhad realized that too many organizations were building websites and membership sites without having a clear strategy to generate revenue or engage members. There are strategy consultants who can provide big picture strategies but don't execute on the technology. Then there are developers who don't have experience with member-based organizations and couldn’t collaborate on creating a strategy for member engagement. Farhad saw a gap in the market and created strategy workshops for clients. To date, every client Grype Digital takes on starts with a strategy workshop leading to an effective execution of the strategy.
- Career Highlights
- Farhad has worked with some of the largest associations, nonprofits and public organizations in Canada.
- Farhad gets a thrill out of watching the users increase on websites his company creates because the user experience has improved.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Carlton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- Industry Awards
- Top 40 Under 40 award by the Ottawa Business Journal, 2016
- Entrepreneurial Rising Stars award by Invest Ottawa
- Member of the Association of Tech CEOs
- Member of the Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE)
- Member of the American Society of Associations Executives (ASAE)
- Articles & Mentions
- New Scientist Magazine
- Ottawa Business Journal
- Invest Ottawa
- Personal Interests
- Yoga, Running and Badminton